Eunice Video from My Buddy UP NORTH!!!

North

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right place to post a video of a worm.

This is my buddies pet Eunice Worm... It gives me the Heeby Jeebys....

I just copied and pasted what he posted on another forum but I think the video is awesome:

I have been meaning to get a video of my 'pet' Eunice worm for a long time now, but never had the opportunity for several reasons. He was elusive, disliked light, and hardly came out of his hole. About a month ago I changed his aquascape so that it was more open and vertical, and since then he has been making himself more viewable and easier to film.

A little history on Smaug (named after the dragon under the mountain)
Close to two years ago, I purchased a bunch of live rock from an LFS to start my 20 gallon reef system. I happily picked out several prime pieces of live rock, completely unaware of the hitchhiker that lurked within. After several months and a few disappearances, I finally caught my first glimpse of a skinny, 10" long worm with 5 points sticking out of it's face... knowing what a Eunice worm looks like from a previous encounter years ago, I understood I had to remove it as soon as possible.

In the process of removing the Eunice worm from my tank, I had broken it up into a pile of pieces. I threw 90% of the worm out, but its little head and tiny 1/2" section of body seemed to remain steadfast in its struggle for survival. I decided to set up a small 5 gallon tank and tossed what was left of the worm into the new tank. A few weeks later I looked into the tank and was surprised to see that a good portion of the worm had already regrown, and jumping ahead to today, he is almost 2' in length and the circumference of a sharpie!

He eats just about everything from shrimp pellets to culled guppy fry. I intend to keep him for his entire life span and am fascinated by him on a daily basis.

Without further delay, I present to you, Smaug!

[video=youtube_share;7fukLzoyOxs]http://youtu.be/7fukLzoyOxs[/video]

Last edited:

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! I had one of those that I would feed bites of shrimp on a stick. May still be in there. I never got rid of it but haven't seen it in years.

OP
OP
N

North

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years :s oh my... It's probably six feet long by now.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nasty!

ElliotC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a 2 foot long one in a box of live rock one time. I named him Cthulhu. Their faces are ugly as hell but I love the rainbow shine to their bodies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back