Euphyllia Dying - Need Help

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup they were flatworms lol I found them shortly after posting. The torch made a full recovery and tripled in size

chris new reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were just big and visible. They were easy to pluck off so why waste dip?
I believe I have all kinds of sizes.
the biggest maybe 1 inch.
there are probably some very jung/ small ones es well…

do you know if something eats them? Especially the bigger ones?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All corals are particular to tank conditions and i have recently tried to move hammers, frog spawn, and torches around to different tanks and find no pattern to which will do best in which setup. A tank that has great frog spawn growth, budding and branching will not support a torch for me, and when that torch gets moved to a tank with good torch success, it thrives.
One of the things I love about this hobby.
Duncans for me are weeds, and have givens up on Elegance, which seem to adjust, settle in, start to thrive and then after 3-4 months remind me i was never going to try again. Ocean derived for certain.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do have any experience or knowledge about some kind of in tank treatment?
Nope there’s nothing that will touch them. I’ve even tried dipping corals affected by them in really high concentrations of flatworm exit and it didn’t even take them off but as soon as they hit the water with revive they Spaz Right out and peel off

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back