Euphyllia flesh receding - iodine dip?

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20+ torches, hammers, frogspawn, and octospawn in my tank and noticed my one octospawn and a head of my hammer aren’t opening much and seem to have flesh receding. After further inspection of the Euphyllia collection, I noticed one other that had receding flesh. The Alk, calc, and Mg are always super stable with my trident and DOS so will do a check to see it it’s my phosphates.

Thinking of trying an iodine dip for the corals showing deterioration. The couple threads I saw on this showed what color to aim for but didn’t say how long to leave it in there. Any insight on this or other steps I should try?

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely re check parameters for a few days to check stability before dipping.

Phos and no3 like you said ;)

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 20+ torches, hammers, frogspawn, and octospawn in my tank and noticed my one octospawn and a head of my hammer aren’t opening much and seem to have flesh receding. After further inspection of the Euphyllia collection, I noticed one other that had receding flesh. The Alk, calc, and Mg are always super stable with my trident and DOS so will do a check to see it it’s my phosphates.

Thinking of trying an iodine dip for the corals showing deterioration. The couple threads I saw on this showed what color to aim for but didn’t say how long to leave it in there. Any insight on this or other steps I should try?
After checking parameters, you can do a dip for 10-15 mins. I’ve done it many times at pretty strong iodine concentrations with no losses. May take a day or two to warm up again. Make sure to keep temp up by floating in your tank or small heater.

MacKrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any luck with dip? They bounce back?

Beck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds familiar. I have tons of euphyllia and a super stable tank. I had euphyllia heads not extending as much then just slowly receding from the bottom up. I did iodine dips also hoping it would help, but it didn't. Finally I noticed tiny white bugs using a macro lens on my phone. They are super small take a really close look.

MacKrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds familiar. I have tons of euphyllia and a super stable tank. I had euphyllia heads not extending as much then just slowly receding from the bottom up. I did iodine dips also hoping it would help, but it didn't. Finally I noticed tiny white bugs using a macro lens on my phone. They are super small take a really close look.
Did any dips work at removing them?

Beck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried revive and it didn't touch them. I've read interceptor is the best way to kill them. I opened another thread asking for help on how to use it.
20201229_162310.jpg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bunch of corals like over 1k come in with those all over the plugs! I almost didint out them in my tank but it was a lot of money to waste although if it wipes out my whole tank then a mistake! Are those bugs or eggs? How didi the interceptor work? They are still all over the plugs so hopefully nothing has hatched and maybe its not to late! is there something else that could be on my plugs that white like that and harmless?

Back