Euphyllia ID help needed

Amandakayphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R!

I got this nice colony of what I was told was frogspawn, but on closer examination only some of the tentacles seem Frogspawny with multiple tips on the same stalk... is this normal for frogspawn? My other looks much more typical than this. Is this a frammer?

20210830_200433.jpg

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

I have one that is almost exactly the same... It's a "frammer"
Hammers and frogspawn are extremely similar and they can morph into what we call "frammer". Some are hammer like others are frogspawn like -- tentacles.
It's an awesome piece!
Low-moderate flow, low-moderate light. They much prefer nutrient rich water with nitrates 10-15 and phos 0.1 or so. Stable parameters of course.

OP
OP
Amandakayphoto

Amandakayphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That is what I was thinking- that it was a hybrid/frammer. I got 5 heads in nice shape from a cool local reefer for a great price ($30), so I am very pleased with it as I love my other two euphyllia (I have a hammer and a frogspawn). This one has green stems with purple tips. Super pretty.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that matches the description and I always wondered exactly what it is. Maybe I can add a picture here later if you're interested.

ReefKidDarian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That is what I was thinking- that it was a hybrid/frammer. I got 5 heads in nice shape from a cool local reefer for a great price ($30), so I am very pleased with it as I love my other two euphyllia (I have a hammer and a frogspawn). This one has green stems with purple tips. Super pretty.
i got some hammer if u want some pics lmk

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back