Euphyllia question

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,
Just a quick question...can I place this purple Hammer coral in between the 2 green frogspawn? They would likey touch each other from flow. I think Ive read this is OK amongst Euphyllia, just wanted to be sure. Its location is too high(flow and light). That being said, I was told the green is Frogspawn, but sure looks like Hammer to me. Thoughts? And many thanks!
20190421_182235.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most euphyllia can touch. Some like euphyllia glabrescens can have a more potent sting but euphyllia divisa (frogspawn) and euphyllia ancora (hammer) will be fine together.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most euphyllia can touch. Some like euphyllia glabrescens can have a more potent sting but euphyllia divisa (frogspawn) and euphyllia ancora (hammer) will be fine together.
Thanks! Would like to have a torch in the future, Ill keep that in mind.

Thibaud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I have a wall torch and am buying a branching one. I want to put them next to each other, will they sting or not?
I think not but want to be sure.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I have a wall torch and am buying a branching one. I want to put them next to each other, will they sting or not?
I think not but want to be sure.
You should be good.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,
Just a quick question...can I place this purple Hammer coral in between the 2 green frogspawn? They would likey touch each other from flow. I think Ive read this is OK amongst Euphyllia, just wanted to be sure. Its location is too high(flow and light). That being said, I was told the green is Frogspawn, but sure looks like Hammer to me. Thoughts? And many thanks!
20190421_182235.jpg
I think the green one is a frogspawn. Just doesn't have long tentacles. But u should be able they might fight just watch them and if they don't look happy u can move.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back