Euro bracing advice

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

After the horror stories about redsea tanks failed and flood the houses, I decided to eurobrace my 47.5x19.5x22 tank.

I have couple of questions:
1. Euro brace frame of 3 cm is enough or it needs to be larger? Thickness will be the same as the tank glass - 12mm.

2. Any idea how much of the light it'll reflect? It will be low-iron glass. It will reduce the PAR for the corners?

3. How to manage the wires? Maybe I can make a 2cm cut in the eurobrace for the wires?

Thanks

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
47.5x19.5x22 sounds pretty big, you might want to go with a 4-5 cm eurobrace to be safe. Maybe even larger.
Looks like your tank is roughly around 90g as your dimensions are very close to my Cadlights 90g. I've had this tank for 5 years with no issues and it's not braced in anyway so wondering why you feel your tank needs euro bracing for its size? The euro bracing being around the tank and not going with glass strips going across the tank will not affect light penetration at all.

OP
OP
BurgerFish

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your tank is roughly around 90g as your dimensions are very close to my Cadlights 90g. I've had this tank for 5 years with no issues and it's not braced in anyway so wondering why you feel your tank needs euro bracing for its size? The euro bracing being around the tank and not going with glass strips going across the tank will not affect light penetration at all.
Front glass is hanging and supported only by silicon. Like in redsea tanks. The glass is heavy (12mm).

I have a small kids in house, so is better to eurobrace to give it more support.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back