Event Log for Alarms and Warnings

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheGulag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TheGulag

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
59
Location
TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month in to using and learning the ins and outs of the GHL and KH Director one question I have for everyone is do they have an event log for when Alarms or Warnings have been triggered? I know about the little alarm symbol that will be graphed if a temp goes out of range and gets triggered but what about the non graphed things that can throw it in alarm? I ask because last night I noticed the color of the GHL logo on both the Profilux and the Powerbar to be red. Before I could pull my phone out and check what the alarm was it went back to blue. Checked everything that could be graphed and no alarms to be seen.

I know a form of an event log could be created from emails being sent, unfortunately I haven't quite got this set up. Can't seemed to get Gmail or even Ymail to corporate and send test emails.
 
I don’t know how to do the logs, however anytime I have an alarm I get a text. This way I can see what the problem was. I would suggest setting up the alarms to trigger a text or email.
 
An alarm log would be a nice feature. Have them automatically record in the logbook.
 
About a month in to using and learning the ins and outs of the GHL and KH Director one question I have for everyone is do they have an event log for when Alarms or Warnings have been triggered? I know about the little alarm symbol that will be graphed if a temp goes out of range and gets triggered but what about the non graphed things that can throw it in alarm? I ask because last night I noticed the color of the GHL logo on both the Profilux and the Powerbar to be red. Before I could pull my phone out and check what the alarm was it went back to blue. Checked everything that could be graphed and no alarms to be seen.

I know a form of an event log could be created from emails being sent, unfortunately I haven't quite got this set up. Can't seemed to get Gmail or even Ymail to corporate and send test emails.
Me too, +1
 
I don’t know how to do the logs, however anytime I have an alarm I get a text. This way I can see what the problem was. I would suggest setting up the alarms to trigger a text or email.
Yeah thats what i'm wanting to set up. I was just meaning if I did get the emails set up I could save those emails and then go back and see in my email or texts whenever anything has alarmed in the past. Not idea but better then nothing.

Goal for this weekend though is getting the email/text stuff figured out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new