Ever been called the wrong name?

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many patients with CIDP! Do/did you get IVIG for it?
Close to two yrs of IVIG. I went from perfectly healthy on a 4th of July to wheelchair bound in September.
I was misdiagnosed twice and finally placed on IVIG in December. I lost the use of both legs immediately and then lost most of the use of my arms within a short time after that. Just before I started IVIG I started to regain use of one of my legs, but it took over a year before I was able to stand again and two years before I was able to walk unassisted.
What a ride lol

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Close to two yrs of IVIG. I went from perfectly healthy on a 4th of July to wheelchair bound in September.
I was misdiagnosed twice and finally placed on IVIG in December. I lost the use of both legs immediately and then lost most of the use of my arms within a short time after that. Just before I started IVIG I started to regain use of one of my legs, but it took over a year before I was able to stand again and two years before I was able to walk unassisted.
What a ride lol
Very glad you were able to be treated properly!
CIDP is still so unknown by too many neurologists. I had 2 patients with very similar stories, wheelchair bound and and now walking completely unassisted. I'm in the process of becoming Immunoglobulin Certified. I'm very very familiar with your situation. Glad you had such a great team!

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very glad you were able to be treated properly!
CIDP is still so unknown by too many neurologists. I had 2 patients with very similar stories, wheelchair bound and and now walking completely unassisted. I'm in the process of becoming Immunoglobulin Certified. I'm very very familiar with your situation. Glad you had such a great team!
I have nothing but love and respect for the young lady who took care of me for two years. We became fast friends and I check on her often because of the exposure to Covid in hospitals.
Again thank you for what you do, I know all too well what a great nurse means to people in desperate situations.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laugh Reaction GIF by NETFLIX
burst-out-laughing-burst-into-laughter.gif

To answer the question my name is Greg and I occasionally get called Craig, which is an understandable mistake.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a ride lol
@G Santana - Had no idea what you have been through! Wishing you the speediest of recoveries and the very best of health!

Let me know convenient time - I have a bunch of frags that I would like to drop off! Nice size Bubble gum digi (4 inches tall), firework cloves (at least 40 polyps), and blue/green acro (2 inches tall).

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a police officer/deputy sheriff for the better part of 14 years, before a medical condition forced me out of it. I have been called by the wrong name so often, that I have lost count of them all. :p:D Most of them I can't put on here though...

On a more serious note, a really good friend of mine passed away almost 7 years ago. We literally looked enough alike that we were often mistaken for being brothers. To this day, I still get called Matt. I used to get choked up pretty bad, and sometimes it still catches me off guard, but the way I see it, he is getting to live on, through me. And if it takes people to call me his name for others to remember him, I'll take it !

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I'm not new, but I'm introducing myself anyway!
I'm Suzi, and I'm a very busy infusion nurse working 2 jobs.
In my full-time job, I have about a 50-100 patients I treat per month.
That's a lot of people! The majority of them are senior citizens, and they can't always remember my name (I pride myself in being able to remember most of theirs!)
I've been called Judy or Stacy quite often!
Once I was called Jennifer, by a patient I've treated dozens of times lol
Today, I got Robin!

I never correct them, however. I know they know who I am; I'm the only pink & purple haired, tattooed nurse at the practice!
Some patients don't even bother anymore, and just call me Mermaid.
That's all, just wanted to share

Snapchat-1421319163.jpg

Tell me what wrong names you've been called!
Hi Sally!
(J/k)

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm used to a LOT of hey you's in my gig, even though I wear a ID badge and shirts with my name on them. It's more the usual astonishment of being named Courtney and finding out I'm not a girl, that always freaks out a person or three!
You weren't that winner last night of BRS, were you?! His name was Courtney as well

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You weren't that winner last night of BRS, were you?! His name was Courtney as well
If I was, no one told me, lol. I'll check into it when I get home from work. It's Friday for me and I'm too tired to care. I'm just counting the next 45 minutes at this point!

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If I was, no one told me, lol. I'll check into it when I get home from work. It's Friday for me and I'm too tired to care. I'm just counting the next 45 minutes at this point!
Well they called the winner on the phone and he answered, so I'm guessing it wasn't you.. sorry.
Bring on your weekend!

OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OP
OP
OrchidMiss

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Let the games continue!
Haha my first set of coral coming in tomorrow has my name misspelled
@SBB Corals
Screenshot_20211130-103840_Message+.jpg

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Last edited:

c.poindexter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Suzi with an I.
My name is Chris and I worked with someone for 5 years that called me Jason. She used to ask me for help about once a week or every couple of weeks. Also mind you that to get to my desk you would pass my name tag that is eye level. Finally when I was getting ready to move buildings I decided to tell her that my name was not Jason. She was absolutely mind blown that she had been calling me Jason for 5 years and I never corrected her.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back