ever google yourself

  • Thread starter Thread starter stylaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
1,951
Reaction score
669
Location
Kelso, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone should google their real name, not just their username to find out what is out there if someone (like a potential employer) decides to look. I am fortunate that there are only positive things on the net about me (I am very careful what I do with my real name) but there could be a lot of negative you should know about. You will find a lot of stuff about others (even famous people) with the same name but if you know what is there you can defend yourself with "not me".
 
It's fun. I'm named after someone in history, so I never come up on searches.
 
Found that I share the same name as a lady in Madison Wisconsin who is serving a life term sentence, she was convicted of the crime the summer of the year I was born and when also using my middle name the top results don't get any better :squigglemouth:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new