Ever had a Sherlock Holmes fish death moment?

Charles2465

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
101
Reaction score
32
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once had this. Though it was freshwater it was rathar interesting. Had a 2.4m fish tank that was about 700L (1000L system) and just bought a large lion head gold fish. The fish seemed to dissappear and we don't know what happened to it. Had a filter outside made of 2 trash cans and the one pipe was blocked. This fish had gone over the over flow and navigated across the chambers of the sump system and got itself stuck in one of the pipes outside. The pipe was replaced. Only 4 YeArS later I discovered the piece of blocked pipe wondering why it was blocked and shoved a hose pipe down it to discover the dried up fish. Wondering...I wonder what fish that was. It was him!!!
 
I once had this. Though it was freshwater it was rathar interesting. Had a 2.4m fish tank that was about 700L (1000L system) and just bought a large lion head gold fish. The fish seemed to dissappear and we don't know what happened to it. Had a filter outside made of 2 trash cans and the one pipe was blocked. This fish had gone over the over flow and navigated across the chambers of the sump system and got itself stuck in one of the pipes outside. The pipe was replaced. Only 4 YeArS later I discovered the piece of blocked pipe wondering why it was blocked and shoved a hose pipe down it to discover the dried up fish. Wondering...I wonder what fish that was. It was him!!!
That's crazy, you found the fish four years later! I had a firefish mysteriously disappear in my tank. I still to this day have no clue where it went
 
I once had this. Though it was freshwater it was rathar interesting. Had a 2.4m fish tank that was about 700L (1000L system) and just bought a large lion head gold fish. The fish seemed to dissappear and we don't know what happened to it. Had a filter outside made of 2 trash cans and the one pipe was blocked. This fish had gone over the over flow and navigated across the chambers of the sump system and got itself stuck in one of the pipes outside. The pipe was replaced. Only 4 YeArS later I discovered the piece of blocked pipe wondering why it was blocked and shoved a hose pipe down it to discover the dried up fish. Wondering...I wonder what fish that was. It was him!!!
That's crazy, you found the fish four years later! I had a firefish mysteriously disappear in my tank. I still to this day have no clue where it went
Oh yea that has happened before. I usually assume that they get eaten up
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new