Ever have a dream you bought a bigger tank..

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
then wake up and buy one? That was me this morning. Lol.. I set up a frag tank in the basement mostly for corals that we're getting picked on, and a spare tank for the fish if I needed one short notice. But I have this eel in my display that just keeps growing and it's getting to where it's burrowing underneath all my rocks destroying everything. I've been constantly battling nitrates because of her also. And realistically I wouldn't have bought her if I did it again, but now that I have her let's face it.. they become pets. So there comes a time where you just have to have two fully functional tanks. One for the delicate corals and peaceful fish, and one for the more aggressive problem fish and softies. So it begins..

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been there before. I had 7 tanks going at one point a small frag 2 freshwater a pico reef a brackish a 75 gallon reef and a 54 gallon fowlr corner tank. Eventually I got rid of the brackish and freshwater and combined things to only have 2 saltwaters and eventually that got tiring so I combined to a 125 which I got rid of some fish that wouldn't get along and put what would work from both tanks into the new one

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy crap that's a lot. I wouldn't want to deal with all that, I'd admit it now. I'd prefer to have one 150 and done, but certain LPS just aren't meshing with the leather toxins upstairs, even with carbon. One fox face eats anything with polyps. And the wife complains about the one upstairs now. Why, I don't know.. I'm my opinion it's moving art. So until I get some rock downstairs this is going to look quite bare. And I wish I had a booster pump on my RO.
I've been there before. I had 7 tanks going at one point a small frag 2 freshwater a pico reef a brackish a 75 gallon reef and a 54 gallon fowlr corner tank. Eventually I got rid of the brackish and freshwater and combined things to only have 2 saltwaters and eventually that got tiring so I combined to a 125 which I got rid of some fish that wouldn't get along and put what would work from both tanks into the new one

RJ Harris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was crazy. I come home from work and would always be doing a water change on something and my rodi was constantly running. Certain things not mixing is exactly why I had so many tanks I wanted all kinds of fish for freshwater and salt and it wasn't all going to happen in a few tanks. Hang in there. Maybe she'll come around. Maybe she could be enticed with a fish or something she thinks is nice. That works with mine. She sees a fish and asks if we can get it and of course I agree

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine hated my tanks until she started naming the fish. Now she passes no heed or gives me crazy about it lol

OP
OP
Scott.h

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my wife (and the kids) named all the fish, and even hermet crabs. We even had a back yard funeral or two. I think it stems from all the up front effort (and money) it took to learn, and get everything going smooth. I really don't spend much time anymore since everything is dialed in. Id really like an apex and dos. I'd even set it up for automatic water changes. She doesn't realize if I spent that money everything would almost run itself. I told her yesterday I'm just not a tv person and winter is coming..

Desmond

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my wife (and the kids) named all the fish, and even hermet crabs. We even had a back yard funeral or two. I think it stems from all the up front effort (and money) it took to learn, and get everything going smooth. I really don't spend much time anymore since everything is dialed in. Id really like an apex and dos. I'd even set it up for automatic water changes. She doesn't realize if I spent that money everything would almost run itself. I told her yesterday I'm just not a tv person and winter is coming..
I agree 100% if only we were let loose.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back