Ever order when not entirely with it?

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay,

So I've had a bit too much fun on Memorial day weekend. I have been searching for RFA's and reeftopia has a very good deal on them right now (as well as one free with a $150 or more order)

I had a cart semi-full but was short of the price I needed for free shipping. So I might have added a cherubfish to the order to reach the free shipping.

I have always wanted one, but afraid of it nipping at my mostly softy tank. Anyone else use less than good judgement when buying? Lol.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeftopia is great, and I love their rock flowers. It may nip at corals, and will likely be a huge pain to catch. But yes I've definitely just bought extras to reach a price. Nowadays I tend to make sure I'm buying more than just that threshold. Knowing how much shipping actually costs, it's easy to not make anything or lose money shipping a package.

OP
OP
Indytraveler83

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reeftopia is great, and I love their rock flowers. It may nip at corals, and will likely be a huge pain to catch. But yes I've definitely just bought extras to reach a price. Nowadays I tend to make sure I'm buying more than just that threshold. Knowing how much shipping actually costs, it's easy to not make anything or lose money shipping a package.

I've seen very little about reeftopia on here, but the 6/$138 deal is phenomenal and they have scarlet hermets BOGO right now. I always wanted a dwarf angel, but better judgement has caused me to steer clear. At $16 I can't go too wrong, even if I have to re-home it, but I'm hoping to get lucky and have one that's either reef friendly, or at least tolerable enough to not murder my lps.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen very little about reeftopia on here, but the 6/$138 deal is phenomenal and they have scarlet hermets BOGO right now. I always wanted a dwarf angel, but better judgement has caused me to steer clear. At $16 I can't go too wrong, even if I have to re-home it, but I'm hoping to get lucky and have one that's either reef friendly, or at least tolerable enough to not murder my lps.

It's my favorite for clean up crew and rock flowers, for how good it is it's weird how more people don't know about it. Hopefully it isn't a monster, seems like they're either totally fine or horrible. Ones I've had have ended up nipping at corals. I've had a couple other dwarves with success though so it's possible

OP
OP
Indytraveler83

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my favorite for clean up crew and rock flowers, for how good it is it's weird how more people don't know about it. Hopefully it isn't a monster, seems like they're either totally fine or horrible. Ones I've had have ended up nipping at corals. I've had a couple other dwarves with success though so it's possible

I've never used them before. I've always used reefcleaners for CuC, but my hunt for RFA's lead me to reeftopia. It will be interesting to see.

If I'm lucky the angel will come in rather small, and adjust to my tank as he grows. I feel like the younger they are, the better.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the RFA pack, and a couple gorgonians. Thanks for this! I never heard of reeftopia before. Hopefully everything comes in good shape.

I know what you mean though. Next week I have this rfa pack, a divers den order (3 zebra barred dartfish), and a new tunze refugium light coming in. Next weeks gonna be awesome haha!

OP
OP
Indytraveler83

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered the RFA pack, and a couple gorgonians. Thanks for this! I never heard of reeftopia before. Hopefully everything comes in good shape.

I know what you mean though. Next week I have this rfa pack, a divers den order (3 zebra barred dartfish), and a new tunze refugium light coming in. Next weeks gonna be awesome haha!

I did my huge orders a few weeks ago, but never got any rfa's. I just won't pay $50-60 for them. I addition I also got the blue ricordia 4 pack. You'll have to let me know how you feel about yours!

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just can’t beat the price! I bought an ultra off ebay for $75 just for the one. Love it, but I won’t do that again. My LFS sells them $40 each no matter the color. If I remember, ill post them once they come in.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my first order from reeftopia and I am very happy. I was most impressed by the size of the gorgonians! Now I need to get going on the left side of the tank

D0F4C43B-9AD5-4782-AA43-9AD1B4752EE7.jpeg F33F0B74-34E2-44A8-8EC0-BF04E6E67732.jpeg B71DAAC5-A07E-44BF-8896-1D26CE5DB9E5.jpeg

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I need some more rock nems... those are awesome, and those gorgonians look great. Give them lots of flow they should open up nicely.

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay,

So I've had a bit too much fun on Memorial day weekend. I have been searching for RFA's and reeftopia has a very good deal on them right now (as well as one free with a $150 or more order)

I had a cart semi-full but was short of the price I needed for free shipping. So I might have added a cherubfish to the order to reach the free shipping.

I have always wanted one, but afraid of it nipping at my mostly softy tank. Anyone else use less than good judgement when buying? Lol.
I do this all the time, not just with aquarium supplies or livestock, some days its like Christmas a my house.

OP
OP
Indytraveler83

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got the order in. The rfa's look great, the ricordia looked good and the Scarlet hermits were a really good size. The cherubfish however was tiny, too small for my system as is (maybe 3/4 an inch). He's gonna have to live in the 'fuge for a while to get big enough to tolerate everyone else.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay,

Drunk shopping is the worst lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back