Ever really just look at your tank?

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here in a chair in front of my tank. Just enjoying it. All my fish have come to the glass. And a thought hits me, dang I really love all my fish. I have been reefing for about 6 years now. I have made lots of mistakes. I have spent months trying to get fish out of a tank. I have drained tanks, traps, you name it I have done it. At this exact moment in time. I am truly happy with my fish. They all get along, there colors look amazing. They don't eat my coral.
2 snowflake clowns
Malanarus wrasse
Checkerboard wrasse
Lepored wrasse
Midas Blenny
One spot foxface
Kole tang
Blue hippo tang.
All my fish are are between a year and 9 months and 2.5 years.

What has been your greatest achievement in your tanks?

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my tank crashed and before I started buying a bunch of coral, I invested in my own RO/DI and water reservoir. I'm soooo happy I did and I actually look forward to water changes now! Oh and sitting in front of tank watching my fish also. I've had my ocellaris clown for approximately 15 yrs now! He's help me start up at least 6 tanks:D

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After my tank crashed and before I started buying a bunch of coral, I invested in my own RO/DI and water reservoir. I'm soooo happy I did and I actually look forward to water changes now! Oh and sitting in front of tank watching my fish also. I've had my ocellaris clown for approximately 15 yrs now! He's help me start up at least 6 tanks:D
That's awesome I hope to have all my fish for as long as I can.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I lost everything in a move a few months ago, had to rebuild and start over, just last night was the first night I actually felt like there was enough to look at and just stared for a long time.
My fish are also friendly and not skittish, everyone up to the glass to greet the feeder!

PJS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread!
It's interesting how sometimes more than not life gets so busy and I end up doing nothing more than feedings, a quick once over look during feedings and weekly maintenance. Just last week I was stuck here at home with pneumonia and very tired for the first few days. As I started to mend and get some energy back I found myself getting quite antsy with cabin fever :(. I took the opportunity of being home with lots of time on my hands to immerse myself in doing some tank tasks like maintenance, gluing of frags to rocks and some rearranging Feng Shui style. I like that feeling of rejuvenated interest and desire to pull up a chair to just stare and enjoy. So I got to do what the OP did, just reconnect with my dream.
Its a priceless (ha ha....that's not what my wallet says:eek:) therapeutical gift we've been given, through knowledge and technology, to have such a fragile slice of mother natures gift right in our own homes.
Reefing makes me happy, and R2R helps facilitate this man's smile, thank you all! :)

Reef on my Reefamily...reef on, Phil

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here in a chair in front of my tank. Just enjoying it. All my fish have come to the glass. And a thought hits me, dang I really love all my fish. I have been reefing for about 6 years now. I have made lots of mistakes. I have spent months trying to get fish out of a tank. I have drained tanks, traps, you name it I have done it. At this exact moment in time. I am truly happy with my fish. They all get along, there colors look amazing. They don't eat my coral.
2 snowflake clowns
Malanarus wrasse
Checkerboard wrasse
Lepored wrasse
Midas Blenny
One spot foxface
Kole tang
Blue hippo tang.
All my fish are are between a year and 9 months and 2.5 years.

What has been your greatest achievement in your tanks?
Don't you know you are tempting fate with comments like this? The aquarium gods are a spiteful bunch...

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your fish don't eat your corals , only yesterday I had to sump my hippo tang
Had it for about 10 months and the nipping has just got worse and worse , I feed plenty and hang sheets of algae everyday but he/she just loves eating lps , in just one day my acans now look alot better

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, unfortunately have not found a way to just look and enjoy my tank. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever just looked at it lol. I am too busy looking for problems. Everybody else seems to be able to just look and enjoy though :(

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, unfortunately have not found a way to just look and enjoy my tank. As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever just looked at it lol. I am too busy looking for problems. Everybody else seems to be able to just look and enjoy though :(

Believe me we all go through that, the first year especially, and often just looking is also looking to spot potential problems, and don't think my staring the other night did not come w/ spotting a couple things I need to take care of, it was just finally outweighed by the cool things!
You'll get there.

sanchoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, just had this exact feeling when I read this thread! After 10+ years after setting up my tank, I contemplated selling everything due to worth/ travel. My tank was neglected, just feeding, water changes. Felt more like chores than a hobby. But today, I sat down and for a very long time, enjoyed watching my tank. Reminded and rekindled my joy

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having 6 years of patience and good husbandry to get to this point!

IMG_6483.PNG

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me we all go through that, the first year especially, and often just looking is also looking to spot potential problems, and don't think my staring the other night did not come w/ spotting a couple things I need to take care of, it was just finally outweighed by the cool things!
You'll get there.
I can believe the first year....unfortunately I have kept tanks for over 10 years lol.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back