Ever seen a Maroon Clownfish like this before?

ArizonaAquatics

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
165
Reaction score
217
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired a pair of these clownfish from my LFS a couple years ago. They are wild caught. I have tried a classic google search to see if any other clownfish like this have been caught before, but I couldn't find any. Has anyone ever seen a pair of maroons like this before?

I'd love to see any pics you can find!
20190625_120637.jpeg
1561489937372~2.jpeg
 
It is fairly common for gold stripe maroons to lose their striping as they age. Completely normal.
Normally I'd agree, but these guys aren't very big (female maybe 3.5"). I also have another pair of maroons with a nearly 6" female and she's still got beautiful stripes.

Just thought it was odd. Like I said, I just haven't found pics of maroons that look quite like these!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new