Evicting squatters

davidm777

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2024
Messages
120
Reaction score
115
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns were starting to bother my indophyllia. Also sometimes I want to keep my cleanner from bothering a particular coral. Came up with a strawberry basket for protection. In my mind the strawberry basket was an easy idea but it was tricky to fit. Plus the thing tends to float.

This is what I came up with. Curious to know how you guys deal with this kind of thing.



20260929_221232.jpg
 
This morning the basket was still secured. I will avoid the rock if possible since it could block the light.
The post is to know how other people tackle the nuisance behavior of the animals under our care.
Or what other materials has anyone else come up with?
 
I used two zipties and ziptied a small rock to either side of the basket I made for my clams. That kept it weighted down without loss of light. Note, though, that algae is going to grow on the basket and that aiptasia, if you have them, will enjoy growing in the basket area since their predators can't get to them (copperband, peppermints, etc).
 
I haven't had to deal with this much. My clowns either stay in the Anemones or the feed tube. Shrimp was a problem though, so I'd shoo them away when feeding LPS.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new