EVO 13.5 Flow Suggestion

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some opinions on improving flow. My plan is to keep my setup mainly stock, especially the lighting. I need the hood to control evaporation and my two year old likes to make splashes with his toys, remotes, anything he gets his hands on

I’m still thinking through coral stocking plan and realize I will be limited based on the stock lights and thinking I may not need crazy flow either.

Two options I’m leaning towards;

1) keep stock pump and adding Jebao OW or SOW wave maker.

2) upgrade pump to a Sicce 1.0 with a RFG and no wave maker.

I prefer less equipment in the display and I also have the Fiji pink sand and don’t want it blowing around but I don’t want dead spots and thinking two sources of flow is better than one.

Thoughts?

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce 0.5 and that works well. I do have a Tunze nano stream 6040 in there to create some alternate flow and have it on the lowest setting possible since any higher will be too much (powerful little powerhead). I know you mentioned less equipment in the tank but that is really what I have and it works great. Here is a pic of my EVO with the stock lighting too. .
msmJIMt.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nubomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Your Tank looks awesome. Gives me hope with Stock lights.

what else are you running filtration wise?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ripped all the crap out of the back and upgraded to an Eheim 1000 return, the supplied nozzles give lot of flow options just by changing the angles.
The filtration is what you see, there is lr in there! ;)

DSC_0068 (2) (1024x788).jpg

Wee Mad Arthur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will depend specifically on your tank. I have a lot of rock in mine and my return isn’t super powerful. I am using a Jebao sine cross flow 90 (SCP-90) in pulse mode https://m.fish-street.com/jebao_wifi_cross_flow_pump_cp-25_silent_cp-90

It fits on the end of the tank and means there are no dead spots whatsoever. My leathers love it. You can get an optional WiFi controller that allows it to run slower but they were out of stock when I bought mine so it’s running at 60% power I believe which is the slowest. Probably way to fast if you don’t have much rock.

kichimark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Your Tank looks awesome. Gives me hope with Stock lights.

what else are you running filtration wise?

Thank you. I just have some INTANK chambers that are made for the EVO. I run some chemipure blue nano and use Marinepure ceramic balls in the chambers. Nothing else really besides some water changes every week using RSCP and dosing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 47 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back