EVO 13.5 LED w NICREW Single Chnl Pro Timer Settings?

mike_NNJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - can't seem to find the right settings for the six settings on the Nicrew pro for my 13.5 stock lighting. Anyone can post their settings I'd appreciate it! Also, anyone use a different timer for this? If someone found a better option, I'm open to switching....

pepelemofo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - can't seem to find the right settings for the six settings on the Nicrew pro for my 13.5 stock lighting. Anyone can post their settings I'd appreciate it! Also, anyone use a different timer for this? If someone found a better option, I'm open to switching....
I've got one for my Fluval 13.5 and it was a bit confusing to get it set up but it's working fine. For mine, I'm using the "F2" program and am ramping up pretty quickly from 33% to 100% in 20 minutes, then ramping down the same at the end of the day.

So after you set the time on the device, press the settings button and the device will flash F1, press Hour (+) so it shows F2.
Then you can program the six settings as you like: L1 through L6. For each level you set the time and light intensity (0-100).

So mine looks like this:
L1 - L33 - at 7:45
L2 - L66 at 7:55
L3 - L100 at 8:05
L4 - L66 at 17:45
L5 - L33 at 17:55
L6 - L0 at 18:05

NB: You don't have to use all the "L" settings available in the program. For instance, if you start L1 at 50%, then ramp up to 100% for L2, then back down to 50% at L3, then to zero at L4, you can just leave the L5 and L6 slots blank.
Also, this won't control the blue lights, if you want those to turn on you still have to turn them on/off manually. Just make sure you turn your lights completely off again for the timer to kick on the next day.

Let me know if any of that helps or makes sense.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The thing to remember is that, if I have it correctly, each level is the start of the ramping and not the end.

So, in the example above, L1 starts at 07:45 from 0 but ramps to 33.

I find this fairly straightforward ramping up but slightly confusing when ramping down. The last entry needs to be 0 and all unused entries need to be blank (or match the entry intensity level of that before it). As above, I also have L6 set to 0, for when I want the lights off.

My settings are:

L1 - 11:00 -70
L2 - blank
L3 - blank
L4 - blank
L5 - 19:00 - 3
L6 - 21:00 - 0

I suggest you don't copy those as they are a work in progress but it might give you an idea of what you can do. At some point I should really bump up the main intensity to 100. The '3' at 19:00 gives a nice evening blue without having to press the white/blue switch on the light. I don't have a morning blue phase.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back