OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe move your sound bar up aliitle and everybody's happy...here's what's under the hood on my evo #lettherebelight
Well my wife’s been asking me to move it but I couldn’t find a decent mount for it. I’ll keep looking. Also that’s under a hood? If so what do you have? I’ll probably get something like that

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea

I don’t plan on putting too much coral in there until I get a better light. Problem is I gotta used stock lighting with lid for now bc it’s under the tv I. The living room for now. Wife doesn’t like it anywhere else.
Gotcha. I know how that goes.

I know the Fluval Marine Spectrum 3.0 light fits on the stock lid and is a definite upgrade. I'm running an Orbit Marine IC until my AI Prime 16HD comes in. Both are pretty low profile and should be plenty for LPS, softies, and a nem.

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know the Fluval Marine Spectrum 3.0 light fits on the stock lid and is a definite upgrade. I'm running an Orbit Marine IC until my AI Prime 16HD comes in. Both are pretty low profile and should be plenty for LPS, softies, and a nem.
I’m def getting an ai prime in the future. But that will be a while lol

OP
OP
OGReeferTY

OGReeferTY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just checked the price on Amazon. Looks like I might as well get an ai prime since that lights already $170 lol

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked the price on Amazon. Looks like I might as well get an ai prime since that lights already $170 lol
Yeah, mine came with the tank (bought used) which is why I'm using it. The Prime is better for not all that much more... just need more room above the tank.

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hood is part of a custom homemade stand combo....check out the reef bright xho 15 inch lights..big fan!

reefer_evo5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had my LTA in my Fluval evo with the stock light for months and it did great it would even go under a rock from time to time and be in the shaded area i think you would be ok if you add it with the stock light a BTA will find the best spot to be in by its self anyway.

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the Evo stock light will keep nems. When i first got my Evo from a friend, there were 4 BTA's. I have since upgraded to a Current USA Orbit marine and the nems split to seven. I have given most away because i just wanted to keep three of them to have room for more corals. The Nems have been thriving and i just changed to an AI Prime 16HD in the past week and one of them just split again. Now im back to 4 :(. This all happened in a matter of 5 months.

Back