Evo 13.5 Stocking Help! — Looking to be different.

jwood73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g display tank downstairs and started back up my evo 13.5 with leftover rock, sand, etc.. The tank is cycled and currently only stocked with baby trochus snails from my trochus spawn last month. Looking for ideas on fish/stocking ideas. I want to be different… I have clowns in my DT and the fiancé likes the idea of getting an orchid dottyback. Any ideas on who/what to put on the tank? Pics of the scape are attached. I am fine with ordering fish online.

Current thoughts:
- Maybe an orchid dottyback as the main fish. Or an alternative “show fish” that has vibrant color to please the fiancé…
- A goby of some type to be a bottom/sand dweller. Hi-fin or yasha maybe?
- Maybe one other fish? Not sure of any swimmers that will get along with the dottyback.. maybe a blenny like the tail spot blenny?
- Open to suggestions on inverts.

Corals:
- haven’t decided yet, I have mixed soft and LPS in my DT. I would like something that’s incrusting and can grow over all the rock work plus a single show piece or so. I have zoas and am leaning toward more zoas but am open to something new.

Other specs/info:
- I make my own RODI
- I mix my own salt with red sea pro, salinity is 34ppt.
- 78°F, 8.2pH, 8.9 dKh, 10 nitrate, 0.01phos, 1300 mag, 430 cal.
- light is fluval marine 3.0 (I have kept Duncan’s, torches, and softies with this light so no concerns there)
- filtration: in tank baskets for chambers 1 and 2: filter floss, rox 0.8 carbon, marinepure bio media.
IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5802.jpeg

IMG_5807.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back