Evo 13.5 Stocking Help! — Looking to be different.

jwood73

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2022
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50g display tank downstairs and started back up my evo 13.5 with leftover rock, sand, etc.. The tank is cycled and currently only stocked with baby trochus snails from my trochus spawn last month. Looking for ideas on fish/stocking ideas. I want to be different… I have clowns in my DT and the fiancé likes the idea of getting an orchid dottyback. Any ideas on who/what to put on the tank? Pics of the scape are attached. I am fine with ordering fish online.

Current thoughts:
- Maybe an orchid dottyback as the main fish. Or an alternative “show fish” that has vibrant color to please the fiancé…
- A goby of some type to be a bottom/sand dweller. Hi-fin or yasha maybe?
- Maybe one other fish? Not sure of any swimmers that will get along with the dottyback.. maybe a blenny like the tail spot blenny?
- Open to suggestions on inverts.

Corals:
- haven’t decided yet, I have mixed soft and LPS in my DT. I would like something that’s incrusting and can grow over all the rock work plus a single show piece or so. I have zoas and am leaning toward more zoas but am open to something new.

Other specs/info:
- I make my own RODI
- I mix my own salt with red sea pro, salinity is 34ppt.
- 78°F, 8.2pH, 8.9 dKh, 10 nitrate, 0.01phos, 1300 mag, 430 cal.
- light is fluval marine 3.0 (I have kept Duncan’s, torches, and softies with this light so no concerns there)
- filtration: in tank baskets for chambers 1 and 2: filter floss, rox 0.8 carbon, marinepure bio media.
IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5802.jpeg

IMG_5807.jpeg
 
Nice looking aquascape!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new