Evo Mixed Reef

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely going to try for bass, but this lake is good for pan fish!
You running drop shots to catch bass over there? Worms for sight unseen and salamanders for seen? I have the worst luck with bass, always feel like I am fly fishing under water. Like if you don’t know the season and what your doing good luck.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You running drop shots to catch bass over there? Worms for sight unseen and salamanders for seen? I have the worst luck with bass, always feel like I am fly fishing under water. Like if you don’t know the season and what your doing good luck.
I have tried but it’s on and off with drops shots. I’m going to try and use a rapala top water ive had good luck with those before there. I’m more of an ice fisherman and we slay the gills up here on the ice. I need to learn more on open water lol

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried but it’s on and off with drops shots. I’m going to try and use a rapala top water ive had good luck with those before there. I’m more of an ice fisherman and we slay the gills up here on the ice. I need to learn more on open water lol
Nice!!! I’ll be waiting for the trophy photos lol. Never had any luck with poppers. Yea I only fish open water here in SoCal. Kinda hard to ice fish when you don’t even get snow lol.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!! I’ll be waiting for the trophy photos lol. Never had any luck with poppers. Yea I only fish open water here in SoCal. Kinda hard to ice fish when you don’t even get snow lol.
Haha that is a solid point lol. This is what I caught the last time I was on the ice. Hoping to get this lucky this weekend.
C31E07EC-5019-4FD8-AD4F-7B0671639406.jpeg

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t think you going to catch anything now... there’s no more fish in that lake!!!

lol but really that amazing!!! Only ever gotten about 5 fish out of a lake before. Man I need to start posting cool nonreefing stuff on my build thread.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t think you going to catch anything now... there’s no more fish in that lake!!!

lol but really that amazing!!! Only ever gotten about 5 fish out of a lake before. Man I need to start posting cool nonreefing stuff on my build thread.
Obviously that doesn’t happen every time you go out but we knew where to fish lol. We have been fishing the lake for years. You should definitely post nonreefing things I’ll be watching!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that AI prime puts out some serious numbers at the surface...I see you have it tilted way back...did you keep it like that?
Nope I actually adjusted it to dial in the par it looks more normal now. Lol but yes I was surprised at how how the par was. Haha
4A3002C9-4950-4A65-ABEC-F7DAAF538A27.jpeg

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an AI 16 right? Amazing what 16 LEDs can put out!
Yup it’s the original ai prime not the 16. I’ve had both versions and I like the original version better for controlling. You can control anywhere. But yeah it’s putting out a nice par number!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the XR15 blue for my current build...can’t wait to rent the meter and see what kind of numbers it puts out compared to the AI
I bet that’s going to out some serious numbers out! I have most of these channels on the prime maxed out!

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey pal, didn’t know you started a nano build thread. Looks good, what lake are you on? Still inJanesville or elsewhere?
Thanks buddy! Up about 25 mins north of Madison. It’s park lake in pardeeville

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FOUND YA' :cool: need to put a couple of 2/0 trebles in one of them gills,toss him on bottom ,3 oz slip sinker on 30 lb test, and DON'T FORGET to leave drag open..;)
bet there's a few 20+ lb cats in there..:)
oh yeah ...tank looks great by the way...;Facepalm;Woot

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FOUND YA' :cool: need to put a couple of 2/0 trebles in one of them gills,toss him on bottom ,3 oz slip sinker on 30 lb test, and DON'T FORGET to leave drag open..;)
bet there's a few 20+ lb cats in there..:)
oh yeah ...tank looks great by the way...;Facepalm;Woot
Haha there is definitely some catfish in here have caught them before. Thanks buddy!

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back