Evolution Aqua 1000 Build ( BRSTV ULM inspired )

Bob_Marlin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspired by the BRSTV ULM series I purchased a used EA 1000 tank that came with a back sump that needed resealing.

After getting it home and realising that the sump would have to come out to reseal it properly I decided once it was out that it wasn’t going back in!!

I’ve wanted to build a biggish tank with a sump for a while. I had a 2 foot tank last year running on canisters that was quite successful but it had its limits and a sump would have been so much better!

So, here starts my tank build. I have most of the silicone cleaned off the inside of the tank and have removed the two plastic strips that covered the side of the glass where the sump was. The adhesive sticking them on was a pain to get off but with a bit of ‘sticky stuff remover’ it finally cleaned off.

I have another second hand tank that’s the same width as the display tank that I plan on using for my sump but will obviously need cutting down to fit in the cabinet All part of the fun though I guess!

My plan is to run a Triton style sump with a huge fuge, skimmer and return pump section. More to follow...........
 
All silicon and adhesive removed ready for resealing. Looks ace!!!

6D681FD1-5316-4E3D-8A51-8AA3E518C186.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new