evolution par results

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i got the club par meter last night and was anxious to get some results i had to wait till nine cuz i didn't want to bother with the turning them on early. So anyhow I finally got to it and man these results make me pretty happy. I feel these lights will do a pretty good job so far theya re doing me great.

or19qe.jpg

OP
OP
A

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah i also tested a diy fixture i built with 24 leds on it with 90 degree optics. It was on my frag tank but i gave it up to my nephew for him to use on a 28 gallon nano that i am building. I filled it up with water through the leds over it and wow impressive these leds are 3w crees on meanwell drivers driven at 700 ma the bottom of a 16 in tank the par was 250 across it this fixture also has 90 degree optics.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice thanks for that!!

are they the 120 watt fixtures? tank size and how many fixtures are there?

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How deep is your tank? and how high are they installed?

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the brand and model number of the meter and how old is it? The reason I am asking this is because I found out that over time the sensor drifts and will read lower than the actual output. I had to send ours in for recalibration at the factory. Also looking forward to the answers of the questions already asked also.

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank looks great! and thanks for publishing your results !

Chris

clarky2120

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that pic of the 20K or 14K fixture? I'm guessing 20K, but wanted to know for sure. thanks.

OP
OP
A

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice thanks for that!!

are they the 120 watt fixtures? tank size and how many fixtures are there?

yes these guys are the 120 watt fixtures i only have two on this tank as i have a huge center brace which is why im sure the numbers are low in the middle

How deep is your tank? and how high are they installed?

My tank is 48x24x20 so 20 inches tall they are about 8 inches off the water.

What is the brand and model number of the meter and how old is it? The reason I am asking this is because I found out that over time the sensor drifts and will read lower than the actual output. I had to send ours in for recalibration at the factory. Also looking forward to the answers of the questions already asked also.

I am not 100 percent sure on that and i just dropped it off at the guys house. I know it was like grey and yellow the club just bought it about 8 months ago and they had it recalibrated recently so i think those numbers should be pretty sure

the tank looks great! and thanks for publishing your results !

Chris

Thanks chris yeah its coming along and no problem with posting the results figured it might help you and the people trying to make some decisions

Is that pic of the 20K or 14K fixture? I'm guessing 20K, but wanted to know for sure. thanks.

Yup its the 20k version i picked it up when he first got these guys in I made the jump early really happy with them so far

Those are great results for sure! Your tank looks awesome too, do you have a thread on it here?

Nah i don't think i have a thread of it on here. Maybe ill start one

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PAR values look good to me, plus you said that you have the lights 8 inches offf the water. Is the photo you took pretty real to life? How do you like the 20k? Would you have gone with the 14k if you had the chance? Sorry for so many questions, I am really interested in these lights but not sure what ones to get 20K or 14K, I will probably just wait until the sw-cfm and MAX to see them in person.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back