Exactly how aggressive are Maroon Clowns?

Bustyraker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
563
Reaction score
145
Location
Hagerstown MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my RBTA and my 2 ocellaris clowns for about a year now and I was hoping they would take to my bta but they still have no interest. I was thinking about giving them to my friend and trying a maroon but have heard horror stories about them. I don't want a fish that will attack me every time I put my hands in the tank.
 
Oh, he'll more or less attack you. More so when you get close to his territory.
 
Don't get a maroon then. Mine attacks my mag float everytime I clean the glass.
 
Darn, that's what I like most. I like my pair but would love for a clown to be hosted by my nem. Maybe a few bite marks are worth it
 
I have had mine over 10 years and he lets me rub his head.
 
I had a maroon clown. Every time I would put my hand in the tank to move a coral frag something or pick up an unfortunate turbo snail the clown bit the crap out of me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new