OP
OP
A

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back at look at my historical tank readings and it appears boron started to rise when I made two changes. About a year ago I started to dos Seachem reef carbonate and Brightwell magnesium. Prior to that I only used baking soda and calcium. That would lead me to it’s either the mag or Alk dosing product. I am in the process of switching to soda ash for my Alk solution as a first try.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back at look at my historical tank readings and it appears boron started to rise when I made two changes. About a year ago I started to dos Seachem reef carbonate and Brightwell magnesium. Prior to that I only used baking soda and calcium. That would lead me to it’s either the mag or Alk dosing product. I am in the process of switching to soda ash for my Alk solution as a first try.

That sounds like a fine approach.

OP
OP
A

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back my latest test results and Boron was still excessive. This after switching off of seachem sea carbonate to soda ash. Per another post and with help from Randy I just stopped using Reef Calcium and will wait a few weeks and check again. Only thing left is Brightwell Magnesium

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back