Excited, Rock flower Anemone spawning

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So came to my tank last night, it was under dusk setting (2 T5 bulbs only), and I saw 2 of my rock flowers looking weird, or different from their normal. So upon closer examination it looks like they were spawning, I couldn't believe it. This went on for about 30 minutes that I saw, but just amazed me. That's the kind of events that keep me so hooked on this hobby. The two that were spawning were alternating in their release. Hard to see the milky substance in the image, but I can't get the video uploader to work. The little milky stuff is on the bottom lip of the orange one in the middle. Good stuff!

IMG_6010.jpg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love rock anemone. I had one for ten years. He sometimes would move about for weeks, then same place for months.

How long have yours been in tank?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up load your videos too YouTube and copy link for here ...That's how I do it ..

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I saw two of mine releasing white "smoke" which I assume is sperm and/or eggs on Saturday. I will upload the video at some point. They both kind of puffed out like they were reaching upward and started spewing for quite a long time.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Males release sperm which the females gather...when they release their brood theyre whole perfectly formed little nems...so cute.theres 2 babies in this pic.
20181021_173837.jpg

OP
OP
SaracensRugby

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love rock anemone. I had one for ten years. He sometimes would move about for weeks, then same place for months.

How long have yours been in tank?

These have been in my tank for about 8 months; a friend gave them to me, who I think had them for about 6-8 months as well. I will upload to youtube and put the link in here later tonight.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well SaracensRugby, if you have any females in there, you'll have babies soon. If I remember correctly I think it takes like 10 to 14 days. Can anybody confirm that or give us a better time frame?

OP
OP
SaracensRugby

SaracensRugby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ron, funny enough I thought of you when I saw this happen. I have one other one rock flower (far left one), which wasn't puffed out like in the below video, so we shall see. I plan on getting a bunch more over the coming months.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant help with the time frame as ive never caught them releasing...always find the babies after.

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does it every few months here is a Rock flower excited video lol

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    23.3 MB
Back