Exhaust fan in stand?

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamizy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamizy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
62
Reaction score
13
Location
Staten Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My stand is fully closed and no ventilation inside and I don't want the moisture to damage or warp or dis form the wood. I'm thinking small exhaust fans but I don't know how to place them so I need some tips. And I'd like one that I can install with a hole saw. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
 
I had a completely enclosed stand and didn't have a problem with warping. I sealed it several times with polyurethane and also siliconed the joints. The main problem I had was heat and evaporation. I left the doors open and eventually just took them off due to this.
 
I didn't seal it and my sump is already on and the popping bubbles are getting the wood wet. Maybe I'll get covers for the sump
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new