Exhausted resin

cruzersmith

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2025
Messages
64
Reaction score
21
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I just toss it is there any use for exhausted mixed bed di resin?
 
You can regenerate it...first you need to separate the two types and then treat one with HCl and the other with NaOH. I use to do it years ago, but got too lazy and I just toss it and buy new.
 
I was aware of what it takes to regenerate it and when it required separating the resins that’s when I went NO thanks and asked if there was a use for exhausted resin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new