Exotic Ceriths - Cerith Appreciation Thread

I love cerith snails for their cleaning and hardiness. Not sure I have a favorite though. Maybe I will look it up.
 
I love cerith snails for their cleaning and hardiness. Not sure I have a favorite though. Maybe I will look it up.
giant knobby creepers are the size of a fighting conch. Wish I could get one, tank is too small though. Ive got a stocky cerith thats like 2+ in long, its really nice, turns the sand over like a conch, active every day, a bit slow though.
 
the “dwarf” variety. they get to where no other snail can!
terms of pure cleaning power I love florida ceriths, the clean food off the sandbed like a nas, they are slim, can right themselves, and eat many types of algae like a trochus
 
I am going to collect whatever comes in season at reefcleaners. Ceriths are the backbone of any good snail lineup. Versatile and hardy. If I had to pick only one snail to have it would be a cerith.
 
I am going to collect whatever comes in season at reefcleaners. Ceriths are the backbone of any good snail lineup. Versatile and hardy. If I had to pick only one snail to have it would be a cerith.
get some stocky ceriths. They have some in stock RN. Love em
 
I don't think they're exotic, but the patterning on the "cortez ceriths" that are black with a pattern of dense white dots are probably my favorite looking version that I've seen.
 
My very first time in one of my local lfs,I said want spend £150 on starts of my cuc and for snails,I only want snails that can right themselves and mentioned ceriths as one of the snails I wanted as researched/ read they very beneficial,the owner of lfs went around putting cuc in bags and said £ 150 to much on first lot of cuc for a 3 month old tank and think ended up being £80.
He gave me nice selection of 2 urchins,2 conchs and sone nass snails and trouchus snails and about 10 hermits ( threw 1-2 extra of each apart from urchins,conchs but he said haven't put no ceriths in as he finds them very lazy so I just left at that,but after being on r2r around a year,I'm reading over and over again people say add them to help with certain algaes and to stir the samdbed up so after reading this thread, I think in next week or so will top up my cuc and get a handful of ceriths and decide for myself if lazy or beneficial myself,but the more variety the better imo aslong as we don't starve them ^_^
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new