Expensive Hobbies - What Are Yours?

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gaming rig, with everything is double the cost of my new RSR250 setup.

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have? I think my current rig is about half the cost of my new Waterbox 130 coming in.

Intel Core i9-9960X, 64 Gb DDR4 4600, 2x 2Tb M2 SD, Geforce 2080Ti, ASUS ROG Motherboard, Oculus Rift VR, Trustmaster Hotas + pedals. 2x 4k 27" curved monitors, Several DIY head tracking, gaming headset. 100's or maybe 1000's of $$$ spent in games and flight simulator addons.

This is my current rig, but I have been upgrading and adding and changing stuff since 3 years now, the worst of this other hobby is that resale value of thing you upgrade is close to nothing. In reefing you can easy 1/2 or 2/3 of what you paid.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guns, Flameworking, Glass collecting, Cars, RC Airplanes, RC helicopters, Racing drones, Gaming, Gutiar building, Carpentry, Woodworking, knife making... I’m not sure I have an inexpensive hobby.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wildlife Photography Is by far my most expensive- especially the underwater housing and gear- that stuff adds up real quick. Maybe one day I'll be taking photos that are nice enough to sell. I'd upload some but they always upload on to here blurry, haven't figured out why that is.

Kremis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gaming is the other one, although the mushroom in my PFP cost more than my whole setup.... so reefing beats it by far lol

BarSnackz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paintball, tournament speedball in particular... $1,300 - $1,700 markers and super expensive equipment to make it all run and be protected in games. Not to mention paint and air costing be about $60 every sunday that I play - not including tournament fees and travel/lodging. My wallet hates me from reefing and paintball... and so does my wife.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everthing is exspensive relative to your income now a days.
For me custom varmint and hunting rifles.
Range work, new barrels, reloading equipment.
Was into street bike since the mid 70's. Track days.
Snakes. Many morphs are well over 10k some 20k.
Wifes welding equipment. She is an artist and does weld art.
Was into serious off roading. Still have an 84 toyota that I wheel.
And the list goes on lol.

dopey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I play tuba. Music major in college but work in technology now a days, so music is a hobby now a days.

There are more expensive instruments out there.....but a tuba is certainly up there. 5k USD for a Chinese clone..

GregOyeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll throw guns out there again. You can’t just buy one, and then there’s the accessories

Also, home improvement. Especially if you’re a DIY kind of person, you can always find a project to work on around or outside of your house

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! I was trying to figure out which cost more, my reef tank or husband's golf. I think the startup cost is more for the reef tank, but over the long haul, he spends more on golf (green fees, cart fees, beer fees). Our other "hobby" is definitely travel. We love to snorkel and have done that in some amazing places (Hawaii, Bahamas, Keys, all over the Caribbean, Belize, Honduras to name some). Our trips were canceled for this year because of the virus, but we're still hoping for the Caribbean again in December!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back