Experience w/ Planet Aquariums

TheSeas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what your experience has been with Planet Aquariums?

I ordered an aquarium from them through a vendor back in February. The tank was delayed, but I finally received the tank this past Monday, however they shipped it with the wrong color stand (black rather than white). I was told to refuse shipment and that it would be addressed immediately.

Now in contact with FedEx as the tank is sitting in their warehouse since Monday as they are awaiting further instruction from Planet and Planet will not return their calls (they tell me 4 calls have been logged without response).

I am really getting frustrated by all of this, as it is just creating further delays and it seems that they really don't have their act together and aren't customer focused.

I read their Google reviews, but typically bad experiences tend to drive people to write rather than positive ones - so didn't pay much mind to it, but am thinking if that was a mistake.

Just wanted to know, is this common with Planet? The first foot is not starting off right and I am now concerned if this is indicative of their service overall, so would appreciate you sharing your experience.

Trever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the company Mark ("Mr. Saltwater Tank") uses and advocates.

That may not help you with your issues and you may have already known it, and what Mr. Saltwater Tank likes may not mean beans to you, but for what it's worth.

OP
OP
TheSeas

TheSeas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the company Mark ("Mr. Saltwater Tank") uses and advocates.

That may not help you with your issues and you may have already known it, and what Mr. Saltwater Tank likes may not mean beans to you, but for what it's worth.

One of the reasons I went with Planet; heard really good things about the quality.

They touched base with me this afternoon and let me know they have resolved the FedEx Issue and the factory is preparing a new stand so it is all ready to ship when they receive the pallet back. Looks like we are back on track.

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked out. I ordered one from them in late January also through a vendor and still don’t have it (and like them, I’m in Texas to boot). What size is yours if you don’t mind my asking?

OP
OP
TheSeas

TheSeas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked out. I ordered one from them in late January also through a vendor and still don’t have it (and like them, I’m in Texas to boot). What size is yours if you don’t mind my asking?
I ordered a standard 120g. Looks like mine will be back to them on 5/2 and then I just have to wait for them to swap out the stand and ship it back. Which size did you go with?

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stock 180. Vendor claims Planet advised them of a worldwide glass crisis which, if you read up about it, is rather eye-opening. Glass requires sand, of course, but not the kind found in deserts or in the ocean. Cement requires it too. Anyway, the world seems to be running out. Too many humans, too much development, I reckon. Anyway, I’m curious why your February order has been fulfilled but my January order has not. At least now I’m armed with a comparison thanks to your reply. I suspect I’ll hear something about pane/sheet size availability but I’m just being my usual pessimistic self. I was prepared for a long wait due to COVID but this much time is taking all the excitement out of a new tank. Oddly, the stand and glass custom sump they made for me have been long ago shipped to the vendor. Glad to hear yours is close to being pushed across the finish line with it. Good luck and thanks for responding. Stay well!

OP
OP
TheSeas

TheSeas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to expect a delay due (approx. double the typical turnaround). I hope you gets yours soon.

Back