Experience with Fanged Blenny

travisty282

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2022
Messages
223
Reaction score
153
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I am looking into getting a disco blenny or a bundoon blenny. They are in the fanged family and was wondering if anyone has had them and what the experience was like. Thanks!
 
Hi! I am looking into getting a disco blenny or a bundoon blenny. They are in the fanged family and was wondering if anyone has had them and what the experience was like. Thanks!
Generally these guys act like normal blennies but instead of perching a lot, they swim more often. Also, the only time you’d be bitten was if you had cornered the fish or if you were to try eat it.
 
Generally these guys act like normal blennies but instead of perching a lot, they swim more often. Also, the only time you’d be bitten was if you had cornered the fish or if you were to try eat it.
I do have a Lawnmower Blenny now. I'm thinking they should be okay considering they occupy different levels of the tank. At the same time I don't want any aggression or have to try to catch one.
 
Hi! I am looking into getting a disco blenny or a bundoon blenny. They are in the fanged family and was wondering if anyone has had them and what the experience was like. Thanks!
They are NOT strict algae eaters but require fine size meat and Calcium in their diet as they spend a portion of their day knawing on rock for algae and calcium. Belly should be round as they can easily starve
 
My kamohara has been pretty low maintenance. A little bit of a picky eater but is very well behaved.
My orange spot blenny was not a huge fan of it though, not sure how a lawnmower would react.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new