Experience with Oceanic Gardens

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
789
Reaction score
437
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this place mentioned on Facebook in one of the groups I'm in. Before I buy anything I always ask around about new places. Some of the plusses I see they are in Central IL, not too far from where I was born and grew up. They have cheaper in state shipping. They have decent pricing. I'm wondering about the health of the coral that come from there.
 
I myself have never bought anything from them before but I do know that the owner of my lfs has including a large gold hammer colony he has in his display, he's never said anything bad about them and likes them, again I don't have personal experience with them but they seem to be good
 
I've placed a couple orders from them and was very happy with them.
Great source for King Spawns.
 
I met them at the NJ Aquashella a couple weeks ago. I javent purchased from them yet but intend to get a kingspawn at some point.

They seemed really cool and all their corals looked healthy. Thats really all yhe info i can provide.
 
I met them at the NJ Aquashella a couple weeks ago. I javent purchased from them yet but intend to get a kingspawn at some point.

They seemed really cool and all their corals looked healthy. Thats really all yhe info i can provide.
I'm on window watch for the FedEx truck this morning.
 
I met them at the NJ Aquashella a couple weeks ago. I javent purchased from them yet but intend to get a kingspawn at some point.

They seemed really cool and all their corals looked healthy. Thats really all yhe info i can provide.
I'm on window watch for the FedEx truck this morning.
What a feeling. Post a pic when it settles in!
 
I met them at the NJ Aquashella a couple weeks ago. I javent purchased from them yet but intend to get a kingspawn at some point.

They seemed really cool and all their corals looked healthy. Thats really all yhe info i can provide.
I'm on window watch for the FedEx truck this morning.
What a feeling. Post a pic when it settles in!
 
Decatur, IL, the original home of the Chicago Bears.
My frogspawn and armor of God zoa are open not even 24 hours after entering their respective tanks. I love the color of the AOG zoa. I got an orange frogspawn and still figuring out where it'll look best in my Euphilia garden. I'll attach pictures soon.
 
My order with them came in clean and healthy, everything opened up great, dip produced no pests. They aren't as bad as some vendors on color correcting but I definitely feel like the wysiwyg section is slightly misleading. Not really complaining, I know different lights can produce different tones of fluorescence, but the coral's "gold" is very muted under my lights compared to the photo. But that is just normal buying online buyer beware. Overall I am very happy with the corals.
 
My order with them came in clean and healthy, everything opened up great, dip produced no pests. They aren't as bad as some vendors on color correcting but I definitely feel like the wysiwyg section is slightly misleading. Not really complaining, I know different lights can produce different tones of fluorescence, but the coral's "gold" is very muted under my lights compared to the photo. But that is just normal buying online buyer beware. Overall I am very happy with the corals.
Here's my armor of God zoas with my Mohawk zoas.



20261001_131711.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new