Experience with Vibrant?

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with experience with Vibrant? How does it work? How would you use it? What effects should you see?
Is this just another Bacteria additive to the tank? Different than Bacto Balls, or Dr. Tim's Waste Away or new Gels?
Anyone have any input on this?

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using it right now to get rid of some turf algae in certain areas and its still there.. been 4 weeks now. Dosing 4Ml every sunday and havent noticed any difference other then a dirtier glass.

U

User1

View Badges
Anyone with experience with Vibrant? How does it work? How would you use it? What effects should you see?
Is this just another Bacteria additive to the tank? Different than Bacto Balls, or Dr. Tim's Waste Away or new Gels?
Anyone have any input on this?

There is a long thread here on Vibrant with lots, and I mean lots. of great information. In short, yes. It works. Follow the instructions. Go slow. Make sure to export its waste by doing or continue to do water changes. It works very well. You will see a few posts in there from me in which case I noticed it working in less than 24 hours. I also have pictures whereas the GHA came back with a vengeance due to me not doing water changes and removing nutrients.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy. 282 pages worth.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using it right now to get rid of some turf algae in certain areas and its still there.. been 4 weeks now. Dosing 4Ml every sunday and havent noticed any difference other then a dirtier glass.

just fyi, vibrant doesn't work on all types of algae.
if you don't see results within a few weeks, try fluconazole instead.

J.

OP
OP
Falreef

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy. 282 pages worth.

Thank you

OP
OP
Falreef

Falreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any experience with the other stuff? Do these things all work differently? There seems to be a good 10 or more Bacterial solutions / gels / powders / liquids / balls / capsules

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say after an extreme bubble and green hair algae outbreak. I started dosing g vibrant on September 6th. I dosed twice a week and as of today almost all the BA and gha is gone.

I had a absolute take over of BA in my 180, was in everyone hole of my rock, between rocks, in overflows, etc. It cost me a bunch of zoas but it did in fact work. I also kept my params in order and increased my snail population a little bit.

Terry Mattson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using it right now. Bubble and turf. So far has not work but seems to be stopping spreading .... dosing once a week

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back