Experiences with peninsula tanks

Bhor217

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
298
Reaction score
512
Location
Chicago, IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I was hoping to hear about people’s experience with peninsula style tanks. I am just learning about them, and I think they seem pretty awesome in theory, but was hoping to get feedback from people who have then. What are the positives and more importantly, what are the negatives?

Is there a size limit for tanks to be effective using a peninsula style setup?

Would it work with large tanks (350G+)?

Are there specific overflows that work on peninsula tanks, or do all work?

Apologies if my questions are dumb, just trying to learn from people with these tanks!

Thanks in Advance
 
I personally have not seen them but I understand that they are harder to make look good but they have more potential. all overflows should work but not as well as they might in other tanks due to placement.

Rico has a great peninsula

The only dumb question is one you don't ask and that one time someone asked me to train their catfish to eat different food at my LFS
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new