External DC pumps

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for suggestions on DC pumps that folks have used externally without leaking issues. This will be for use in my salt water mixing station.

thanks

rockskimmerflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I hate to be the guy, but why on earth would you want a very tight tolerance, controllable dc pump on as harsh a system as a mixing station. An iwaki or pan world magnetically coupled pump will take the punishment and its not like you'll be running the thing 24/7 so power usage shouldnt be a factor.

OP
OP
B

BHHOWARD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on running the pump connected to the salt water container 24 x 7. I want the ability to reduce the rate after the salt is completely dissolved. I want the ability to then increate the rate when using the pump to push water overhead to my sump during a water change.

That's why I feel that a DC pump has advantages over an iwaki / pan world / blue line pump.

I was hoping to find a "reasonably" priced DC pump for this purpose. My definition of reasonable would be around the price for iwaki / pan world / blue line pump.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a Vectra M1 externally for 3 years - not sure it meets the reasonably priced goal though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For cost - Jebao DCT series.
For reliability- Octo series pumps

Back