Will this work for mixing station? Rectangular tank

jakebarrierreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to setup a small RO/DI and mixing station in my garage. The space I have is tight — needs to fit in a cupboard (52x25x16 HxDxW)

I can fit two 16 gallon storage tanks. One for fresh, one for mixing. I’d do fresh above, mixing below and plumbed per the typical style.

Will salt mix up in one of these tanks using a closed loop external pump? I’m concerned about the long corners and salt settling. I’d plumb the pump return through the top and use angled fittings to try and create a swirling pattern the the tank.

Thanks for your thoughts!

IMG_0094.jpeg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure it would matter as long as there were no dead spots in the water flow. Mine is in the garage but I was able to put three 20 gallon Brute cans on their casters under my workbench. One is for DI, one for fresh saltwater and one for the mix tank. I use one for ATO and any other need I have for DI water. The fresh saltwater is for the AWC fill pump and the mix tank is where I mix in the salt mix with DI water. The Di reservoir is auto filled when it goes low. The fresh salt water tank is auto filled from the mix tank if the water in the mix tank is ready. Then the mix tank is auto filled after the tranfer is completed. All I have to do is add the salt mix and press a button when it is ready to use.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to setup a small RO/DI and mixing station in my garage. The space I have is tight — needs to fit in a cupboard (52x25x16 HxDxW)

I can fit two 16 gallon storage tanks. One for fresh, one for mixing. I’d do fresh above, mixing below and plumbed per the typical style.

Will salt mix up in one of these tanks using a closed loop external pump? I’m concerned about the long corners and salt settling. I’d plumb the pump return through the top and use angled fittings to try and create a swirling pattern the the tank.

Thanks for your thoughts!

IMG_0094.jpeg
Perfectly fine.

Just be sure that the cabinet shelves can handle two 160lbs containers.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning on buying these from China. They are specifically made for mixing station. It has an RODI inlet with a float switch so it could automatically fill up the tank if you plumb it directly into your RODI. Pump is inside the tank and its either recirculates within the tank with nozzles at the bottom and middle for mixing, or open and close a few valves and it pumps water into your tank. as long as you get a good whirlpool going it should have any dead spots.

I will not let mixed salt water sit too long. Ill only mix the salt water just prior to water changes to prevent any settling of any settlement, or calcium precipitating out.
1709544340374.png

1709544369243.png

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$50 each for two 32g reservoirs isn't bad when you factor in the plumbing.

Now for the catch, what do you mean, "for you"?
Shipping. Its cost less than 16 bucks to ship 2 6.5kg 120L containers to me. Whole different ballgame if you have this ship to the states

joby619

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im planning on buying these from China. They are specifically made for mixing station. It has an RODI inlet with a float switch so it could automatically fill up the tank if you plumb it directly into your RODI. Pump is inside the tank and its either recirculates within the tank with nozzles at the bottom and middle for mixing, or open and close a few valves and it pumps water into your tank. as long as you get a good whirlpool going it should have any dead spots.

I will not let mixed salt water sit too long. Ill only mix the salt water just prior to water changes to prevent any settling of any settlement, or calcium precipitating out.
1709544340374.png

1709544369243.png
Can you share the link to this or product name so I can research it?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back