External overflow box uk

Chriso88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,can anyone help me. I can't seem to find anywhere in the UK that sells external overflow boxes. I don't want a hang on and the only types I can find are the fiji cube and the like. These are, from the US and incur close to £100 extra just for postage and export taxes.

Does anyone know if we can buy these in the UK or is it just the hang on type

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i did a quick search for reefing supply in uk but only came up with HOB ones like you mentioned.
I would go ahead and pay the shipping and taxes and get what you want from the US.
You can try brands like eshopps, synergy & modular marine to see if they ship to UK.

Recentlt been dealing with Recaro Kids stuff from EU and UK here in the united states so i feel your pain with import taxes and shipping fees.

OP
OP
Chriso88

Chriso88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i did a quick search for reefing supply in uk but only came up with HOB ones like you mentioned.
I would go ahead and pay the shipping and taxes and get what you want from the US.
You can try brands like eshopps, synergy & modular marine to see if they ship to UK.

Recentlt been dealing with Recaro Kids stuff from EU and UK here in the united states so i feel your pain with import taxes and shipping fees.
Iv been lookin it up. I'm from Sheffield and there's loads of glass firms here. It's cheaper to get a new bottom pane of glass to my tank with holes pre drilled and get a wier than to order an external box lol. There's a market to be had for UK manufacture of external boxes I think

Psychedelic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mate, I was wondering if you had found a solution? Funnily enough, I was googling "Fiji overflow boxes UK" and this came up in the search.

Like you, I'm not too keen on paying almost the same cost as the box on postage and imports but it seems to be the only solution at the moment.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back