praziquantel

Psherman42

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2026
Messages
43
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, can anyone in the UK please link me somewhere where I can get praziquantel medication for marine flukes that is reef safe? I cant find it anywhere.

And does it actually work?
Can i put it in my main display? I cant catch my RG.



Screenshot_20260911_183542_Gallery.jpg
 
Hi, can anyone in the UK please link me somewhere where I can get praziquantel medication for marine flukes that is reef safe? I cant find it anywhere.

And does it actually work?
Can i put it in my main display? I cant catch my RG.



Screenshot_20260911_183542_Gallery.jpg

I think we evaluated this fish? Was the consensus that these white marks are not direct signs of flukes? This fish could well have flukes, but that white mucus isn’t a symptom.

See if you can source Fluke-Solve, it should be available in the UK. NT Labs also makes a product with praziquantel in it.

Here is an article I wrote on dosing prazi:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dosing-praziquantel-pzq.1105700/
 
I know about sera med tremazol and esha gdex. But they are not reef safe
 
Does anyone know why gdex isn't a reef safe? Does it contain anything other than prazi?

I can’t find anything to suggest it contains anything but praziquantel. However, it is a liquid formulation, so it uses some sort of solvent. The solvent is the issue here, but they don’t indicate what it is.

Their own literature says it isn’t safe for use with “marine snails”, not sure why, other than it must be the solvent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new