Eye 2 eye

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nordy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nordy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
842
Reaction score
912
Location
East Wenatchee Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the fish you have had or seen, which had the most intriguing eyes? Mesmerizing jewels, or more like the Kermit the frog eyes my BSJ had? I have a Royale pencil wrasse, and it’s like there is a ring of fire in the eye, plus the electric colored lines gracing the face. The pencil wrasse and I have a good up close to the tank relationship, but he does not care for the camera. But almost any wrasse seems to have eyes that capture your attention if they are comfortable with your fascination. Anthias, Tilefish, predatory type, show me a tessellated Blenny’s eyes, 👀 How about some pics relative to close up ocular macro photography.



image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_1357.jpeg

IMG_7280.jpeg

IMG_7219.jpeg

IMG_1544.jpeg
 
Tailspots
IMG_2690.jpeg
Beautif eyes on Blennies. I took a cool pic of my Midas Blenny recently, but the eyes were not the focal point. I miss my Oreini fish. Those were neat on another really great fish!



IMG_8816.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg
 
1000025963.jpg
Banggai Cardinalfish have these giant eyes camouflaged by a vertical black line. Beautiful in-person, where you can see the eye movement.
 
Last edited:
I’ve always had a curiosity of Banngai Cardinal fish. Seem peaceful, like to hang out in the middle of the water column, mouth brooders, very cool looking. I got a new 33 AIO setup a few months ago, could be a future fish I add. Thing is, it is a brand new tank and putting off stray voltage from the included equipment.
 
Hi,
I do have a GFCI installed in the room with my 3 tanks running on a 20 amp circuit. I will delve into all those links you posted soon, I appreciate your concern and electricity I still that subject I don’t grasp greatly.
 
The only fish I look at the eyes of in my tank is my Desjardini tang.
Bet they’re beautiful, they are amazing with their colorations, patterns and what makes them a sailfin tang. I love my purple tangs face, eyes aren’t noticeable, but I love the speckled dots around the eyes and mouth.
I would like a New Caledonia sunrise Anthias someday. Here’s a pic of its eyes.



IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

IMG_1398.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new