Eyes Cloudy

  • Thread starter Thread starter puccie1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Yes, I think I got it low too low. I got it at two marks above the one. The fish seem to be doing fine, though more lively eating better, and my purple tank got color back, but it’s like two small dachs above the one. Maybe I got a different track thermometer. Again, I want thank you for all the time you put into this for me. I really appreciate it, Jay.
Google "BRS reading a Refractometer". They have some Videos on how to read them.
Question I have a friend breaking down his tank and offered me a couple of fish, is it possible to place them in my tank with the salinity low for fluke, is there a way to bring it down like in a day so they would be used to it and survive
 
Question I have a friend breaking down his tank and offered me a couple of fish, is it possible to place them in my tank with the salinity low for fluke, is there a way to bring it down like in a day so they would be used to it and survive

That’s probably not a good idea for a couple of reasons; 1) you really need to take 36 to 48 hours to lower the salinity on those fish, 2) it complicates things adding new fish to an existing treatment. You’d likely need to start the 30 day period over again, just to be safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new