F R I G U S R E E F ‘ s 10 GALLON REEF

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was also this crazy thing that came out of the rock the night I got it. I can’t upload pictures of it crawling out of the rock because Reef2Reef keeps saying security error because it thinks it’s soemthing it’s not lololol. Here it is all the way out:
874586F0-880A-4D27-886E-CEAC5453B23A.jpeg

I don’t believe it’s an anemone, @Eagle_Steve thinks it’s related to sea apples and cucumbers which I could definitely see. It’s very Holothurian like. Now it’s buried the tan fleshy part down into the sandbed, and the flashy tail it sticks above the sand at night. It’s starting to produce a mucus tube, when I turn the lights on it stays out for about three hours but shrinks, then retracts into its tube. If anyone knows the species please serve thoust information forth. In PMs I have referred to it as the ‘Sea Weewee’ due to Reef2Reef’s security errors every time I tried to upload a photograph of it. XD
too cool

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I see that pic, it looks like a Arachnanthus nocturnus. Native to Florida and Caribbean. It is a tube nem and will eat small fish lol. it will also eat most shrimps. Coral banded and pistols are usually fine, as they know to stay away. Cleaners, not so much and probably will get eaten.

They like nice meaty food, but be sure it is small bits.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I see that pic, it looks like a Arachnanthus nocturnus. Native to Florida and Caribbean. It is a tube nem and will eat small fish lol. it will also eat most shrimps. Coral banded and pistols are usually fine, as they know to stay away. Cleaners, not so much and probably will get eaten.

They like nice meaty food, but be sure it is small bits.
Oh law what am I gonna do with him. Maybe I’ll ask the docs if they’d like him hahaha

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pincushion urchin and a CBS and sone grass shrimp and hermit crabs so I have a clean up crew and my tank is so clean and I also got a fish. I’ll post pictures later when my lights are on. I’m thinking about getting Condylactis Anemones

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back