New to Saltwater- 30 gallon setup

tomfooleryfregg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Columbus
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am new to the site and new to the reefing hobby. I have a 20 gallon freshwater setup that I have successfully maintained for 4 years, so I wanted to try out the saltwater side. I have a used 30 gallon tank that has been running for a year now.

My specs
Filter: Fluval 107 canister filter
Lights: 24-36" Orbit Marine LED, set to B 100% W 80% R 20% G 20% (ramps up and down daily)
Skimmer: MagTool Nano AIO 40Gal
Wavemaker: UnicLife 1058GPH 30-60Gal
Heater: Marineland Precision Heater 100W, 29Gal
Rockwork: Dried Marco Rock 30 lbs
Test Kits: API marine and API reef master

Livestock
Fish: 2 ocellaris clownfish, 3 green chromis
CUC (number estimates): 10 blue leg hermits, 10 cerith snails, 5 nerite snails, 10 nassarius snails, 20 baby lettuce nudibranches, tigger copepods
Corals: 3 mushrooms, 5 zoas, 1 leather tree, 1 duncan, daisy star polyps, green star polyps, green clove polyps, red gorgonian, waving antheas
Other: Bubble Tip Anemone (new)

Tank Conditions (typical)
Temp: 80 F
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Phos: < .25
Calcium: 450
dKh: 12

I have attached pictures in chronological order, so you all (and me) can see where we came from and where we are.

1. March 2023.JPG 2. May 2023.jpg 3. November 2023.jpg 4. March 2024.jpg 4. Close up2.jpg 4. Close up1.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new