New to saltwater, 20 gallon WB Cube. Any thoughts on the aqua scape?

Westons aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to salt and haven’t setup my tank yet, it’s a 20 gallon water box cube, any thoughts about the rock scape for it. FYI I mainly keep freshwater fish tanks and don’t know how to aqua scape saltwater.

image.jpg

Sourdoh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to salt and haven’t setup my tank yet, it’s a 20 gallon water box cube, any thoughts about the rock scape for it. FYI I mainly keep freshwater fish tanks and don’t know how to aqua scape saltwater.

image.jpg
Looks pretty good. One thing to keep in mind is make sure there is enough room between the glass and the rock. Having a decent gap between them will help let you clean the glass much easier. While in the beginning it may be okay, once you add coral they will grow and start to close that gap. Keeping it away from the glass gives less opportunity to damage corals in the future.

Do you plan on using sand or are you going bare-bottom? Also how tall is that rock structure? Something you should start thinking about also is what types of corals you want to add and what your rock scape should look like in order to accomodate those corals, giving plenty of room to grow.

On that same note what kind of fish do you plan to add? Some fish like places to hide while others like more free room in the tank. I know it's a lot to think about all at once but once you get a general idea of what you would like in the tank it will make it much easier to design a rock scape around the species you plan to keep.

I hope you find this helpful, and feel free to ask any questions you can think of!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back