F2 fertilizer

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is F2 fertilizer good if it’s been refrigerated? I’m going to start a phytoplankton culture soon. I have F2 fertilizer that’s been in the fridge from day one but it’s a year old. Is it still usable?

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe? if it has a preservative, probably so. I prefer the ones that have them in separate bottles so not everything needed for growth is in one bottle together.
I guess you could look inside the bottle. It's real concentrated nutrients - capable of driving huge amounts of growth so unless the bottle is completely fouled with growth then it's probably still good I would guess.

OP
OP
Fishy888

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe? if it has a preservative, probably so. I prefer the ones that have them in separate bottles so not everything needed for growth is in one bottle together.
I guess you could look inside the bottle. It's real concentrated nutrients - capable of driving huge amounts of growth so unless the bottle is completely fouled with growth then it's probably still good I would guess.
Thank you. I got mine from Mercer of Montana. I’ll have to see if they used preservatives.

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is F2 fertilizer good if it’s been refrigerated? I’m going to start a phytoplankton culture soon. I have F2 fertilizer that’s been in the fridge from day one but it’s a year old. Is it still usable?
my provider said 6 month shelf life

STLCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot speak to how long the manufacturer would recommend or your specific variety, but I use bottles (the 2 part variety) that are years old and they do the job fine.

Back