Facebook Likes

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddrueckh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddrueckh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2015
Messages
463
Reaction score
556
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "don't like" that companies ask you to "like" them on Facebook in order to win something from them in a drawing. I wonder how many people who "like" these companies have even seen, let alone used, the product they are promoting. I know that companies are trying to spread the word about new products, but I think it is a disservice for us hobbyists to like something we have not used. We are promoting something that may not be a good product to other hobbyists. I know that there are products that people have used, like and have liked on Facebook to enter a giveaway. I'm fine with that. I wonder how many people "like" something just so they can win it. How do all of you feel about promoting products that you have not seen or used for a chance to win something?
 
I figure I don't like the product or company, I don't care about winning the product. If I like the product, and would desire one, I don't have a problem liking their Facebook page. If the product turns out to not meet expectations, I can "unlike" the page and post my review. For that matter, you can "unlike" the page after the contest.
The number of likes on Facebook has little to do with who I choose to do business with, or my opinion of the company. So I don't have an ethical dilemma about pushing a button, esp. one that can be undone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new