Faded Powder Blue Tangs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hulley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hulley

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2018
Messages
309
Reaction score
411
Location
Hoschton, GA.
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I'm in the planning stages of a new tank and mentally making up the future fish list. On that list is a PBT, so I've been looking at them at every store I go to. The problem is it seems everyone has been very faded, looks pale blue and the black face is light gray. Is this due to possibly being stressed at the fish store or being a young fish or area where they are caught or breed?

It seems most pics I see, they have a vibrant blue and yellow colors with a dark face, they look very nice.

Would they likely get their color when in a proper tank?
 
Mine was about 2" long when I bought him from Divers Den (WYSIWYG)
Always has had vibrant colors from day one, but I've seen the pale smaller ones in LFS's.

Could be stress related.

Need to get a healthy specimen, that's eating more than brine shrimp, straight out of the gate.

If you rubberband nori to a small rock and get the PBT to take it, then you can move up to seaweed (suck on) clips.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new