Fairy Wrasse Minimum Tank Size?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xenoblade
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xenoblade

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
29
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I’m looking into the Naoko and Exquisite fairy wrasses. I’ve been seeing LOTS of conflicting info online, and was hoping for a more clear answer. Recommended minimum tanks sizes for both of these range from 30 gallons, to 90 gallons.

If you’ve kept either, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
 
Hey there! I’m looking into the Naoko and Exquisite fairy wrasses. I’ve been seeing LOTS of conflicting info online, and was hoping for a more clear answer. Recommended minimum tanks sizes for both of these range from 30 gallons, to 90 gallons.

If you’ve kept either, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I mean I think its like the Tang conversation. Could you keep one in a minimally stocked 30G? Sure. Is it a awesome idea? No. Adult wrasses like the Exquisite get to 4-5 inches long and enjoy ranging around the tank searching around for food and being active in general. It also depends on the dimensions and how you design your rockwork...and no "correct" answer...but if there was it would be closer to 90 than 30.
 
Hey there! I’m looking into the Naoko and Exquisite fairy wrasses. I’ve been seeing LOTS of conflicting info online, and was hoping for a more clear answer. Recommended minimum tanks sizes for both of these range from 30 gallons, to 90 gallons.

If you’ve kept either, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I mean I think its like the Tang conversation. Could you keep one in a minimally stocked 30G? Sure. Is it a awesome idea? No. Adult wrasses like the Exquisite get to 4-5 inches long and enjoy ranging around the tank searching around for food and being active in general. It also depends on the dimensions and how you design your rockwork...and no "correct" answer...but if there was it would be closer to 90 than 30.
Absolutely agree on the closer to 90 thing. I just thought it was crazy to have such a large range between tank sizes. Thanks for your input though!
 
Absolutely agree on the closer to 90 thing. I just thought it was crazy to have such a large range between tank sizes. Thanks for your input though!

I think because its can vs should.

I really do think either wrasse could survive in a 30G. Is it the best for the animal? No.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new