Fairy Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamfajge
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamfajge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2008
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
-
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 boisterous fish a Oscellaris Clownfish and a Bi-Color Blenny. I just got 3 days ago a Solarensis Wrasse who is still hesitant to swim inthe front of the tank. He peeks out and comes out for a few seconds here and there. Anyone else have the same type of fish? I just want to see the Wrasse start to eat.
Adam
 
Shy behavior like that is very normal for almost all wrasses, and Fairies are no exception. I wouldn't start to truly worry until it's been a full week with no real improvements.
 
I agree , my fairy wrasse did the exact same thing. After a couple of days he should start swimming around.
 
the first few days for a fairy wrasse can be tough on them...like the others said i would not be too worried...if he has not ate in the next few days i woul start to get worried...it also helps to use a specimen cup to introduce new fairys and flashers to the tank..this helps them get use to the new tankmates as well as the established fish a chance to get use to the new guy...you can get a breeders cup to use as a cup
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new