Fairy Wrasse

adamfajge

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 boisterous fish a Oscellaris Clownfish and a Bi-Color Blenny. I just got 3 days ago a Solarensis Wrasse who is still hesitant to swim inthe front of the tank. He peeks out and comes out for a few seconds here and there. Anyone else have the same type of fish? I just want to see the Wrasse start to eat.
Adam

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shy behavior like that is very normal for almost all wrasses, and Fairies are no exception. I wouldn't start to truly worry until it's been a full week with no real improvements.

Tankguy001

Reef Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree , my fairy wrasse did the exact same thing. After a couple of days he should start swimming around.

detguy123

I'm a pain in the wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first few days for a fairy wrasse can be tough on them...like the others said i would not be too worried...if he has not ate in the next few days i woul start to get worried...it also helps to use a specimen cup to introduce new fairys and flashers to the tank..this helps them get use to the new tankmates as well as the established fish a chance to get use to the new guy...you can get a breeders cup to use as a cup

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 49.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back