Fallow period for clam disease

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stephers

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
395
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I learned a hard lesson recently. I added a maricultured maxima clam which looked perfectly healthy and 10 days later went from fine to dead overnight. About 2 to 3 weeks later, my very large deresa clam I had for 4 years died in a similar manner. I was devastated and am assuming it was something from the maxima. I very carefully inspected for pyramid snails on both clams and on my snails and found nothing. I'm assuming it was a protozoa or something. I really want a clam back in the tank. Is there any established timeline for how long I should leave the tank clam fallow? I read something from years ago that said 30 days, but there wasn't much information overall.

Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new